95 Integra (Fat Fives) GSR 15" Tire Question

I own a 95 LS Integra, last year I got a set a 4 15" OEM Acura wheels from a GSR (205/50R15) with Toyo Proxes. What is the best brand for this type of wheel as far as ride quality & traction? I really love the way these wheels look but I'm not happy with the Toyo's, seem a little stiff, more road noise then I like, they're all season but you don't want to go near snow with them.

Is there a big difference I would notice compared to the Toyo's?

Reply to
mrkrl

" snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f1g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

GSR's came OEM with 195/55VR-15 tires,not 50-series. IMO,you get less tire noise with a directional tread like the Yoko ES100s. (I have Kumho's though)

They are not snow tires,though. You will get more noise with snow tires because of the need for tread cleats to dig into the snow for traction. Sort of like those off-road "Bigfoot" truck tires.I'm sure you've heard the awful tire noise they make!

Reply to
Jim Yanik

That's right.

Tire recommendations would depend on the OP's intent. Do you plan to switch tires winter and summer? Since you have two sets of wheels this would be a good choice if you live in the snow belt. How important is summer handling? If it is very important, the

195/55VR-15 Kumho ECSTA SP is an excellent choice ($60 plus shipping from Tire Rack.) If summer handling isn't that important, but economy is, you can get a cheaper all season radial and just use the snow tires for the worst part of winter. It all depends on what things are important to you and your intended use of the tires.
Reply to
Gordon McGrew