snow tire question....kinda off topic

im looking for snow tires for my 2005 focus zx4 and places that i have called her in pittsburgh pa (usa) are willing to sell me a tire called the "snow tracker" by goodyear.

anyone here have any comments about this tire. i looking for reviews now and i not having much luck finding much info about the tires.

any comments or suggestion are welcome.

bob brozewicz pittsburgh, pa (usa)

Reply to
bob brozewicz

Snow tires in a forum about the Focus are NEVER off topic.

There is a web site that I've found as very useful - you probably have the same tire I have, the 205/50-16" Pirelli P-6 4S. It was OK for the first season but since then the softer outer layer has worn off and even though it still has useful tread for the winter, it is not the greatest tire on ice. Still, it is better than the tire it replaced - the Firestone Firehawk.

?type=W&VT=C I was going to go for the 4 Season Bridgestone Traction T/As but the new tire by Michelin has got me interested because of its ice and light snow numbers. This would work great on the Canadian prairies but Pittsburgh probably has heavy wet snow with less ice. This tire is tops! I have no idea on the pricing though - your mileage will vary.

The Blizzaks are great winter tires.

More info on winter tires:

Roarmeister