Back from Bodyshop: Residual Chemical Odor

Got my car back from 3-day work at bodyshop. It was just a fenderbender....so no interior work needed. Not sure what the odor is really from, paint or glue or whatever.

But how come the chemical odor (glue mostly I think) is so strong inside the cabin ? Dont then tape and cover up the rest of the car and expose only the area they work on ?

Reply to
klara

"klara" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

They use any fiberglass on the body? That's the usual source of such strong odors.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

you mean like fiberglass hood ? that'd be custom right ? no, no fg just for this damage:

klara

"klara" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

No, not a fiberglass hood, just the shop using fiberglass for some of their repairs.

Fiberglass resins stink to high heaven. A car sitting in the shop for a while can't help but take on the smell even if no glass was used in the repairs on that particular car.

Give it a few weeks. The smell will probably go away of its own accord.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Would its Accord be the US Accord, or the Euro Accord?

:-)

Reply to
Dean Dark

Dean Dark wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com: