what's the drive out price for 2006 acura TL?

I'm looking at used 2004 or newer TL and 2003 or newer G35 coupe to see if it's worth paying more for a new car. anyone here bought a new tl this year and if so, what was your drive out price? and what's your opinine on the G35 coupe? TIA

david

Reply to
david

I bought the first 06 TL in central Florida back in September. I paid

40k but that included the larger rear deflector, rock guards, trunk tray and extended maintenance package for services, tire and wheel damage and all that.

Before I settled on the TL I did about 3 months of home work and test driving with the TL, G35, and BMW 330i. I was coming out of a BMW Z-3 and so I was familiar with BMW.

BMW 330i Great quiet ride, comfortable, peppy, and typical of BMW. Having been in once already, it was familiar to the point of "been there, done that" it didn't inspire me. It also didn't include a Navi package. Price: 43-45K and not very negotiable.

G35 Good looks, nice ride, pretty peppy and handled well. I didn't get that "feeling" from the G35 and it didn't have all the amnenities the TL has.

I couldn't be happier with the TL The ride although not as quiet as the BMW or Jag is still quiet. The Navi package is fun and handy and the bluetooth technology, voice command and XM is nice touch. Car is very torquey and handles like a two-seater. It is quick, responsive, and can get you out of trouble if you need it to.

Reply to
arat43

david wrote in news:g997v1d8rsgv4p6eg47kjqep0no1sghsrq@

4ax.com:

I bought a new 2005 TL w/Nav and 5 speed auto last September, so it was near the end of the model year. I paid $35,900, BUT, I got them to take back a leased Nissan Altima 3.5 that was $2600 underwater. I know this to be the case for sure because I got the paper work from Nissan credit that showed that the Acura dealer turned the car in and wrote a check for the full $2600. So in reality, I paid $2600 less, or $33,300. I'm not including any tax or license in these numbers as it varies from place to place. The car is pure stock, with no options other than the Nav.

One thing that's also very important to note, after studying the competition carefully, I found that while the G35 coupe has a lower base price, comparably equiped, the G35 runs about $5K more than the Acura TL. On the G35, every little thing is a costly option. On the Acura TL, other than the Nav and the ASpec stuff, almost evevything you can imagine is standard. The Acura is by far the best value.

If you like gadgets at all, get the Nav. It's worth every penny. The Acura Nav is one of the best. My friend has the new Infiniti M45, and it's a great car with some really amazing electronics, but the Nav on the Acura is better. For one thing, it's the only car that I know of that lets you program the Nav while moving. While you may think that's unsafe, don't forget that passengers often do the programing and with those other cars, they can't unless you bring the car to a full stop.

Reply to
akheel

thanks. i requested a quote online and they replied with $33,508 drive out(tax, title.....) for stantard automatic(w/o nav, not that i wanted it). is that a good deal? i was thinking about buying it used but since it has high resale value i wasn't saving that much for 2004 model.....

david

Reply to
david