Considering 2006 TSX: Questions

I test drove a 2006 TSX (no Nav system) yesterday and was pretty impressed with it. Although the dealer appraised my 2001 Forester as a possible trade-in (which he hasn't given me the numbers on yet), we didn't discuss price of the TSX at all, because I explained that I'm still considering other cars.

Assuming that I want to purchase the 2006 TSX (non-NAV system) - a good assumption from what I've seen --, I have a few questions.

  1. The car lists at ,505. What's a reasonable price to settle on (assuming that I DON'T trade in the Forester? (Edmund's TMV is approximately ,500 for my area.) Note: This dealer is the only one within a 50-75 mile radius.

  1. I don't have a garage (Townhouse with assigned parking spaces only), so the car would sit in the hot sun for much of the day. In Central Virginia, it can get pretty hot in spring and summer...) so:

a) Are there any exterior/interior colors to avoid because of the hot sun? (I like the Carbon Gray Pearl; Glacier Blue Metallic and Royal Blue Pearl with either Ebony or Quartz interior. b) Would a car cover be advisable? If so, should I get the one from Acura or is there a 3rd party one available that's better and/or less expensive? c) I play a lot of golf and the clubs will be in the trunk a lot of the time. Sometimes that means, grass, etc so I want to get a trunk tray. Same questions as b) - Get acura's trunk tray, or is there a 3rd party trunk tray that's better/less expensive?

  1. A friend of mine who also has no garage and bought an Acura at this dealer a few years ago says the dealer offers a package for 6 detailings of the car for about 0. (Individual detailings cost about 0). Obviously I want to keep the car looking in tip-top shape, so are these detailings a good idea?

Any thoughts on these questions would be appreciated.

Reply to
BRH

I'm by no means an expert, but I'll give you my opinion. For what it's worth, I have an 04 TSX with Nav that I bought in December 2003.

My 04 was $29K with Nav, and I had three dealers competing. The Edmund's number is probably a good one.

Lighter colors will reflect light more, and absorb less heat. That said, I love the arctic blue pearl. It's pretty distinctive, and gets away from the silver/black/white colors that seem to make up about 80% of the cars on the road.

I've been very pleased with Acura's trunk tray. I've carried a lot of dirty, muddy, wet things in there, and it's protected the carpeting flawlessly. It pulls right out and cleans up pretty well. I've also been really impressed with the rubber floor mats. I didn't order them, but when the car was delivered (it was a trade from another dealer), it had them, and they left them in.

That's a good price for detailing. I'd check to see what's included and what's not. A lot of detailers will use leather conditioners/protectors, which wouldn't be a bad idea, especially given that it'll be in the sun a lot.

Good luck with your purchase. After two years and 37K miles, I'm still thrilled with mine. By the way: the nav is worth the money. I use mine all the time.

John.

Reply to
John C. Schinker

John,

Thanks for your comments, John.

I picked up my new TSX last night and I'm thrilled with it so far. I got the Deep Green Pearl with no Nav system. (I already have a Garmin portable Nav system that's only 3 months old, so couldn't justify the added expense for Acura's).

I am interested in getting the trunk tray, though. Do you know of any online sources that charge less than Acura for it?

Bert

John C. Sch> I'm by no means an expert, but I'll give you my opinion. For what it's

Reply to
BRH

I owned a 2005 TSX and loved it. $27,500 is pretty much the going rate for the vehicle. I do a lot of business with Sterling Acura in Austin. Mr. Davis' staff treats all their customers very fair and goes the extra mile.

The trunk tray is a must. Keeps anything from messing up the carpet, especially grocery items that leak.

Get the windows tinted. Remember, a really cool feature the TSX has is the unlock and hold the unlock button and all of the windows will open at one time to release any hot air sitting in the car. I also recommend a windshield sun visor.

You can detail the car just as well yourself and save the money. Get the Lustre wax, it will preserve your finish for years and hide any swirls you might acquire during ownership. I don't suggest using a brush to wash your vehicle. Use soap and two tablespoons of cooking oil. It allows the dirt to slide off of the vehicle as opposed to scratching the clear coat.

I h>I test drove a 2006 TSX (no Nav system) yesterday and was pretty

Reply to
MDXTX2005 via CarKB.com

Check out "Acurazine" online for pricing info.

Reply to
Chas.

I paid $27300 for my 2004/Nav. Congratulations with the new car. There is a forum for TSX enthusiasts:

The only TSX-only forum. Come hang out with us there !

Reply to
rumpole