Door Lock

My 1994 Legend has long had a door lock problem. When the door lock is set, all doors lock OK, but the switch on the left rear door clicks. The lock doesn't open, but there is a continuous click, click, click. This apparently caused the car alarm to activate at in-opertune times like in the middle of the night. Through this forum, I got information on how to deactivate the car alarm which was a success with no false alarms since then. Now a new problem has come up, probably due to the same switch. Intermittantly all the doors will lock without any activation of any kind. I will intermittantly find the doors are locked when I get out of the car. This is not a big deal, but it brought the car wash to a halt when they couldn't get into the car! The Acura expert on this forum pointed out that it would cost several hundred dollars to change this door switch. That is why I deactivated the car alarm. Now I need to deactivate this switch. I am still perfectly able to pull the door lock post if I need to unlock the door, I did it for many years on older cars. If I pull the wires on this switch will all the remaining doors be electrically inoperative as well?

Reply to
Rich Rossler