300m door-lock re-programming question

When I lock the doors on my 300m (using the key fob to set the alarm) then naturally all 4 doors will lock themselves.
When I want to get back into the car, I'll press (one time) the
alarm-deactivate button, but only the driver's door will unlock. Is there any way that ALL doors will unlock instead? I know that I have to hit the button twice to make all doors unlock, but that's a pain because it doesn't always work and I end up hitting the damn button 5 times to make sure all doors unlock.

Might program the same as the vans, which is:
For vehicles not equipped with the EVIC, the Remote UNLOCK feature can be enabled or disabled by performing the following procedure: 1. Perform this operation while standing outside the vehicle. 2. Press the LOCK button for five to ten seconds. 3. While the LOCK button is pressed, (after five seconds) press the UNLOCK button. Release both buttons. The Remote Key Unlock feature can be reactivated by repeating the above procedure or by performing the procedure in the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC), Customer Programmable Features section on vehicles so equipped.
All-unlock-at-once seemed handy to me until I thought about how much easier it would be for someone to jump into the passenger side door when my wife is alone. I put it back to the default.
Pat
On 02/15/09 08:40 pm MoPar Man wrote:

Is that one of the options in the EVIC? It may depend on the year of your car.
Perce
"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:

My 300m is '00.
Allpar says that in '01, a more advanced EVIC was offered as an option. I have no idea what the difference is between the EVIC in my '00 vs anything newer.
It looks like there is a cluster of 3 buttons located between the 2 overhead lights that I don't have - no idea what they're for.

That sounds like a garage door opener (my '07 Dakota has the three-button cluster, and that's its purpose).
Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

No, I have 3 buttons located in the overhead display specifically for garage door operation.
Look here:
http://www.allpar.com/cars/chrysler/300M.html
About half way down the page there's a picture of the overhead console (partially obscured by a sun visor extender).
Note the set of buttons positioned between the two overhead lights. I don't have those buttons.
What are they for?
Do I need them if I want to program my car so that all 4 doors unlock when hit the disarm button once on my keyfob?

Ah, that's for the moonroof I'll bet you also don't have -- my wife's Intrepid does have them. One slides the glass panel back, one leaves it anchored at the front but raises the back end (works very well for helping get hot air out of the car in a Las Cruces summer!), and the third closes it regular of which way you opened it.
Have read your owners manual? The instructions are in there for many items that the customer can program themselves. Including the press twice to unlock feature as well as fob and grey key programing.
Bryan

Bryan wrote:

Yes. It mentions that I can reprogram the fob so that the trunk will open with only 1 press of the trunk-release button (not 2 presses) but it says nothing about reprogramming so that all doors will unlock with only 1 press.
It also says that once the vehicle is moving that the doors will lock automatically - but it doesn't say how to deactivate this feature. But I asked around a while ago and did deactivate this feature. So just because it's not in the manual doesn't mean it can't be done.
Anyone know how?
Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

A few minutes after I posted that, I realized that's probably what the buttons are for.
No, I don't have the moon roof (we call them sun roofs up here).
On 02/16/09 08:26 pm MoPar Man wrote:

OK, I realize that your car is several years newer than our old '96 Stratus, but on that car some of the settings could only be changed by the dealer, presumably with the scan tool.
Perce

Historically, a sun roof was a metal panel that could be removed to open up your roof, while a moon roof was the glass or plastic panel everybody uses now. Checking... my FSM actually refers to the moon roof on my wife's Intrepid as a sun roof!
Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

What if a glass panel is tinted - would it then be a sun roof?
--
Bill Putney

I've never seen one that wasn't tinted.... but old-time sun roofs were metal.
"Moon roof" appears to be a North American expression. The rest of us have sun rooves, whether plastic or metal, as long as they are removable. Of course, a car with fully removable top, whether rigid (as in a Merc SLK) or soft (as in Chrysler Sebring) is known as a cabriolet or convertible. Not sure what that type of roof is called other than "rag top", but that would not apply to a metal one... :-)
DAS
[...]

owners manual spells it out and can set the seats too if you have memory seats

man of machines wrote:

No, the owners manual does not say how all the door locks can be unlocked with only a single button push. It only describes how to make the trunk work that way.
But I suppose it will take you, oh, about a month to read this, so we'll see what your come-back is in about May sometime.