Gasket for oil drain plug?

2002 RSX.

Changed the oil recently, using the same mobil 1 5-20 I've always used. Now I've got a slow leak from the oil drain plug. I thought I checked that washer style gasket that's on there, but maybe there's a problem I didn't see. Should I just replace it, or is there something better that can work there?

Reply to
Yoda

Yoda wrote in news:2007100116470116807-yoda@Dagobahnet:

You need to replace it each time you do an oil change. Yes, there are those who say you can re-use the old one, but re-use isn't such a good idea when it leaks, is it? New ones are only 50 cents from the dealer.

You're making 100% certain both bolt and pan surfaces are 100% free of grit, and that you're tightening to /NO MORE THAN/ 33 ft/lbs?

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger wrote in news:Xns99BCCA4CE30B5tegger@207.14.116.130:

Actually, the K20A3 engine takes 33 ft/lbs, the K20A2 is 29 ft/lbs. So go conservative. A couple of pounds UNDER is way better than a couple of pounds OVER.

Reply to
Tegger

---------------------------------

Whaddaya mean ? ? ?

Monkey Lube insists on at least 60+ ft/lbs to guarantee it won't fall out on bumpy roads.

Where you been? :-)

Reply to
motsco_

Yah about the torque thing. I'll replace the gasket. Thanks!

Reply to
Yoda

motsco_ wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

At the Psychic Wednesday seminar.