neon oil drain plug leak

After getting tired of hearing my landlord bitch about my gf not parking on the board he has placed in the driveway for her car, and hearing about the damages to he driveway which has the cheapest ashfault avalible, I desided to try to track down the very small oil leak in the car. It appears to only leak over night when the car cools down. This leak is so small that over a two month period, the engine has not lost enough oil to show a difference on the dip stick. Anyway, I noticed that the oil appears to be coming off of the Oil drain plug. I have heard that it is possible to have the drain plug threads damaged. Is there any way to resolve this small leak without replacing the oil pan? I really do not want to spend too much money on the car, but I am tired of hearing the wining of my landlord. Any Ideas?

Mike e-mail mlawrenc(at)rcc.on.ca

Reply to
Mike

Is the drain plug supposed to have a washer? Is it there? Is it damaged and in need of replacing? A plastic washer is cheap and might be the cure to your problem.

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

Reply to
deadbeat