i want an intregra (vtec problems)?

i'm looking to buy a 93 interga gsr with 175kms. it looks great it has exhaust headers and coldair there asking 6500 do you like i could talk them down to 5 cause thats all i have? anyways how long will the vtec engines last before they start to crap out ( it was regulary maintand and lady driven)

Reply to
jhaynes via CarKB.com

"jhaynes via CarKB.com" wrote in news:6919d0527c604@uwe:

You fool. Ladies don't rice-out their GS-R's. This thing has been abused worse than a young bachelor's penis.

Offer $2K and no more. If the seller won't take that, walk away. You don't want the headaches. Trust me on that.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"jhaynes via CarKB.com" wrote in news:6919d0527c604@uwe:

What's Blue Book on it? Offer them your 5K cash and see if they take it.

"lady driven" doesn't mean much if it has a CAI and headers;that indicates the person was looking for more performance,meaning driven harder than ordinary. Was the "lady" the sole owner?

I'd wonder if the DOHC cam timing belt was changed as required. How's the oil look? Dirty? Tires?(unusual or uneven wear?) Check the CV joints and boots,look for leaks in the area of the brake master cylinder,or power steering pump. Look at the coolant in the radiator.

Is the engine compartment TOO clean? (for it's mileage)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Lots of cars for sale are advertised as lady driven, but that doesn't prove the car has been well taken care of. I know of a couiple ladies who drive really hard and faster than I do (and I'm not a slow driver).

$6,500 is a lot of money for a 13 year old car. You can definitely buy a newer one for less money.

Reply to
Ghislain

"Ghislain" wrote in news:jf2dnf0NFZvGoMjYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com:

Women are even worse than men for NEGLECT.

Neglect is your enemy, not hard driving.

How many women even know what oil is, much less that you need to change it once in a while?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

You have a valid point, but it applies to a number of men as well. One of the ladies performs her own maintenance and her car is in excellent condition (and at the speed that she sometimes drives at, it better be).

Reply to
Ghislain

My 24 yr old daughter is ust like that. I will remind her to take her 98 Accord in for service and offer to pay for it -- but she never does. Now that she does not live at home, I can no longer take it in myself. She called me the other day and said that she was told she had a nail in a tire. Told her to take it to the tire dealer where I purchased the tires because of the road hazzard warranty --- probably will put that off as well event though the repair is free. In fact, in my household I am the only one that keeps after the maintenance of our autos.

Reply to
tww

well what kind of cars should i be loking at for 5 g's?

Reply to
jhaynes via CarKB.com

its some polish family or something there pretty hard to understand but it seems as it the dad looks after all the car problems. the mom said the car had a clutch like 2 years ago. but the car doesnt have racing rims or tires. i think they bought the car off a lot like 5 years ago with all the performace parts

Reply to
jhaynes via CarKB.com

canadian$$

Reply to
jhaynes via CarKB.com

How can you be sure that they owned the car for several years? Did they show you the contract or other documents that prove it? How can you tell that the odometer wasn't rolled back if they performed all maintenance themselves?

I'm asking those questions because of a bad experience I had 13 years ago (lady driven, husband performed maintenance on their cars... and he also rolled back the odometer on dozens of cars that all had been driven by his wife).

"jhaynes via CarKB.com" a écrit dans le message de news:

6924b28d8d63c@uwe...
Reply to
Ghislain

Dunno about other places, but here in Arizona my insurance man can do a title search - the dates the title changed, and the odometer reading each time are recorded. On older titles the history is actually listed, but new ones just show the current owner.

BTW, when my son was looking for a car he subscribed to Carfax. He checked the Honda my daughter has and the info was entirely at odds with the official record; Carfax said it had been a fleet car while the title record (with agreement from service records) showed the private party was the original owner. He ran the Acura he eventually boughht through Carfax and it came back clean, but while replacing the clutch we noticed wrecking yard markings on some of the front end members. He wondered why the VECI stickers were missing from the underside of the hood; it wasn't the original hood. I don't trust Carfax at all.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

"Michael Pardee" wrote in news:7uOdnbfUdL8b2svYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@sedona.net:

Thank you,that's nice to know about Carfax and inaccuracy. I guess it's GIGO;garbage in,garbage out. I wonder how Carfax gets it's data?

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"jhaynes via CarKB.com" wrote in news:6924b390a19a8@uwe:

You can filter by price.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns987987788E349jyanikkuanet@

129.250.170.84:

It has to get reported to them by the insurance company, police force or some other outfit. If nobody reports, it doesn't show up.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"TeGGeR®" wrote in news:Xns987A5F4AE93FAtegger@207.14.116.130:

Maybe that auto titles(state documents) are public records and thus open to the public? (and that dishonest people [in gov't?]can manage to insert altered data for a kickback?)

Reply to
Jim Yanik