mazda 626 problems yr 84

a friends husband grrr, said he would change the points in my mazda 626

84 model 4cindinder (which should have a electric ignition) he said that the timing was way out ( mind u a new timing belt put in by my mechcanic 5 months ago u would think would be right) and the car carried on when he put the new points in. the mechcanic had said when i had the money to put in a electric ignition cause the cars points were getting so dirty so quickly that it was making my car drive really noisy and vibrating when they got dirty. so long story short went to wreakers got a electric ignition and friend put it in, and thats the start of my problems. when i drive the car it drives while moving pretty good, until a car in front or god forbid a light turns red and i have to stop lol, the rpm needle gos crazy moving from 1 to 0 and the car starts choking and then stalls is a nightmare thats now never ending, the guy is my best friends husband and he has stuffed my car, took it to my mechcanic and he sprays some stuff around and tightened this and that and fiddled around and said he thinks he fixed it (he was really busy at the time) and i put her in reverse and the problem was still there. he said that he thought it mite be the distribder cap (forgive my spelling please) that i needed to go buy one cause it wasnt the right one as it was for points so i went and got that and a new rotar button and now the car is worse, the friend set the timing to 2 decrese and thinks thats right as we could after alot of looking on the net and trying the library to find a mazda 626 book to check the timing which we came up with nothing. he used the gun and really still thinks that its right and has to be something else. i on the other hand think if it was set so far out before when i had the belt replaced in august last year that surelly the mechcanic set all that right at the time. so my question is does any one out in the wide world of the internet have a mazda 626 84 model or the mazda 626 book that could please tell me the correct timing for this model. i feel real shit cause this idoit is trying to tell me that something else is causing it and that the car was runing shit before bla bla and i no he is wrong, i am only a female and i only got my driving licences 12 months ago which i learned in this car, i no the car well and when i brought it u could barely hear the motor now it sounds like a v8 not a
  1. anyway this post has made me feel so much better and i hope someone reads this and feels sorry for me and can offer some advice and maybe think of something we havent tried i am a single mother on very little income which is why i let him touch the car, he does no what he is doing and has fixed many cars but never a mazda
Reply to
andrea69au

84 model 4cindinder (which should have a electric ignition) he said that the timing was way out ( mind u a new timing belt put in by my mechcanic 5 months ago u would think would be right) and the car carried on when he put the new points in.
Reply to
EatMe