Integra 1991 quits and starts 30 minuts after

This car has been excellent but recently developed a strange problem. Under rapid acceleration the engine quits and only starts 30 minutes after. A few lights come on but the ones that seems to be related to the problem are the engine and the oil lamps.

I am inclined to see the problem as if the oil pump fails to deliver the proper level amount of oil . Oil pressure fail and the alarm light goes on and prevent the engine from start again until a thermal alarm goes off.

The car has 130k kilometers . How can an oil pump become defective? It has plenty of lubrication and the oil level that was below the minimum level and with only 1 liter of oil reach the maximum level ???.

If I drive slowly I can make it to the dealer but I wander if I should go to an oil changing station and ask them to remove the oil tank, clean the oil pump and put new fresh oil.

Your expert opinion please.

John

Reply to
Taylor

I wonder if a dirty oil filter could cause that problem?! If the oil pressure is measured before the filter the indicated pressure would go up but if it is measured after it would go down.

John

Reply to
Taylor

I went to the Acura dealer and explain the situation. They told me to take the car to the shop. They will connect it to the computer and learn the reason the car previously stop.

John

Reply to
Taylor