Need help hotwiring my 95 Integra

Well, sorta. My ignition cylinder is shot and the repair shop says its very expensive to replace. I want to simply remove the ignition and install a rocker + pushbutton switch instead for ON/OFF and START. Preferably a cool, LED illuminated one :D

Anybody know about this? I assume the ignition is more complex than "connect the red wire to the black wire." Where can I find wiring diagrams for the ignition?

Many thanks

Reply to
gasoline

gasoline wrote in news:1_638241 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com:

Buy a Haynes manual at any auto parts store,like PepBoys,Autozone. ~$20USD.

I'd much rather replace the lock cylinder.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

the actual ignition switch is screwed to the back of the key cylinder with two tiny Phillips screws. It could be as simple as removing the switch from the cylinder and inserting a little knob into the slot in the switch to turn it the same way you turn the key. You might run into problems with the interlock mechanism if you have an automatic transmission.

Reply to
E Meyer

The switch is less than $50.00. About an hour to change out

Reply to
Bob Johnstone

Bob Johnstone wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

But is his electrical switch bad,or the lock cylinder worn out? He did say "cylinder".

Reply to
Jim Yanik