Today I had a 2009 TSX with Navigation as a loaner while my 2006 TSX
without Navigation was being serviced. Total time spent in the vehicle
about 1 hour.
My impressions of 2009 TSX are:
1)I didn't like the way the exterior looked in pictures and on the
road. I don't like the way the exterior looks up close in person.
2) I don't like the styling of the interior of the 2009 TSX. The seats
didn't seem as comfortable as those in my 2006 TSX. My wife didn't like
the styling or the seats either.
3) I don't like the style, layout, or design of the instruments or the
dashboard layout on the 2009 TSX. During a quick cycling through the
information center on the instrument panel seems to indicate it can
only display one item at a time. On my 2006, I have it set up to show
the average MPG on the first line, the instantaneous MPG on the second
line, trip odo A on the third, and the outside temp on the fourth.
4) Even with the Nav system, long song titles on XM are truncated. I
don't see why they don't scroll.
5) The brakes seem rather touchy. It's something you would get used to
after a few days of driving.
6) The steering seems to be quicker. It took me about 10 minutes of
driving before I stopped looking like I was driving drunk. Once I got
used to it, I liked it. I didn't any explicit test, but even though it
is quicker, the turning radius seemed only marginally better than the
2006 TSX. This is one of my major dislikes I have about my 2006 TSX.
7) I forgot to check to see if you could lock the doors with the remote
with one door open. The inability to do this with my 2006 TSX drives me
crazy almost every day.
8) The 2009 TSX seems to accelerate more quickly and with less effort
than my 2006 TSX. I didn't think the torque on 2009 TSX had been
increased that much, but it seems to be much better.
9) It seemed like the rear window visibility on the 2009 TSX is worse
than that of the 2006 TSX. I don't think it's significant, but
In summary, I tend to keep my vehicles for 8 - 10 years, so this gives
Acura time to redesign the exteriors of the TSX and TL before I'm ready
to buy another vehicle.