2009 TSX

Today I had a 2009 TSX with Navigation as a loaner while my 2006 TSX without Navigation was being serviced. Total time spent in the vehicle about 1 hour.

My impressions of 2009 TSX are:

1)I didn't like the way the exterior looked in pictures and on the road. I don't like the way the exterior looks up close in person.

2) I don't like the styling of the interior of the 2009 TSX. The seats didn't seem as comfortable as those in my 2006 TSX. My wife didn't like the styling or the seats either.

3) I don't like the style, layout, or design of the instruments or the dashboard layout on the 2009 TSX. During a quick cycling through the information center on the instrument panel seems to indicate it can only display one item at a time. On my 2006, I have it set up to show the average MPG on the first line, the instantaneous MPG on the second line, trip odo A on the third, and the outside temp on the fourth.

4) Even with the Nav system, long song titles on XM are truncated. I don't see why they don't scroll.

5) The brakes seem rather touchy. It's something you would get used to after a few days of driving.

6) The steering seems to be quicker. It took me about 10 minutes of driving before I stopped looking like I was driving drunk. Once I got used to it, I liked it. I didn't any explicit test, but even though it is quicker, the turning radius seemed only marginally better than the

2006 TSX. This is one of my major dislikes I have about my 2006 TSX.

7) I forgot to check to see if you could lock the doors with the remote with one door open. The inability to do this with my 2006 TSX drives me crazy almost every day.

8) The 2009 TSX seems to accelerate more quickly and with less effort than my 2006 TSX. I didn't think the torque on 2009 TSX had been increased that much, but it seems to be much better.

9) It seemed like the rear window visibility on the 2009 TSX is worse than that of the 2006 TSX. I don't think it's significant, but noticeable.

In summary, I tend to keep my vehicles for 8 - 10 years, so this gives Acura time to redesign the exteriors of the TSX and TL before I'm ready to buy another vehicle.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Amen to your styling opinions. There must be something in the water the acura designers are drinking - the current model line is uniformly dreadful. I hope they're soliciting opinions from regular people - I've never heard of anyone who is thrilled by the new look.

Reply to
Yoda