2000 Honda transmission problem??

I have a 2000 V6 accord coupe with a 4 speed automatic transmission. I know Honda had some problems with this transmission as they extended the warranty. I have 105K miles now so this warranty extension does little to put my mind at rest.

My question is this; does anyone know what the problem was? Are there any symptoms before the transmission fails? A friend of mine said it had to do with seals that could fail. I'm ok with this, as I would have some advance warning of the potential problem such as a messy spot in my garage.

Thanks in advance for any all input.

Reply to
Mark Savoy

your friend was wrong, it will slip and drop into neutral before the seals leak.

Reply to
chip