Some A**Hole Tried to take me HID 's

I have a 2001 TL.I come visiting a friend and cops are by my car. I see one headlight hanging out and my windshield shattered. Neighbors caught them taking my lights and they jumped on my windshield. My question is - Does anyone know of any way I can possibly protect my lights? If not Im thinkin about just getting rid of it.

Reply to
IKESTEW

Some people do just get rid of the vehicle, but there may be alternatives. A good first line of defense would be an auto alarm that responds to the car being touched.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

My first thought was that he needs to move to a better neighborhood, but maybe that's too simple a solution?

Reply to
Dean Dark

I think so - whole metropolitan areas seem to be at risk. One post (from Seattle?) was lamenting the 4th loss of HIDs from his Acura or Honda - I forget which - while it was in a parking lot. He was done with the battle.

Oddly, when I was single I lived in an area of Oakland, CA, where the police would not stop at night (no exaggeration; I could tell you *such* stories). My apartment was repeatedly burglarized while I was at work, including three times within a two week period, but my car was never disturbed although it was parked on the street. Dunno why, except maybe the expectation of a horrible death to anybody who was caught by the owner when trying to mess with a car.

Mike

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Dean Dark wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It IRKS me when people suggest moving to a "better neighborhood". As if anyone can just up and move,or that a "better neighborhood" will keep his vehicle from being burgled.

Garaging the auto will keep it from being burgled,but he probably does not have that option,either.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I have my car garaged at night. Thats no problem. I just worry when I go somewhere. I have to costantly wonder if my lights are ok. I think I may get rid of it tomorrow. Also my neighborhood isnt bad. Its the idiots that come from the other neighborhoods tryin to steal them.

Reply to
IKESTEW

"IKESTEW" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Sad when you have to dump a car because thieves may strike it.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Aren't you just as worried that they'll go after the new one too?

Reply to
Keapon Laffin