squeak

1990 Acura Integra 3 dr.There is a squeek coming from the right front of my car. It goes away a little when I turn to the right. If I jack the car up then let it down it goes away for about three blocks,also if I let the car sit for a few days it goes away then comes back after a few miles. Any ideas? Thanks.
Reply to
Larry Dennis

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Larry Dennis) wrote in news:26948-4679E720-127 @storefull-3217.bay.webtv.net:

Have the lower balljoints checked out. This is a classic sign of one that is seizing.

If you delay getting this looked at, you risk...

Tegger

You just described the other symptom that it had,a pull to the right.

Is this a do it yourself job? Is the balljoint easily accesible? A friend at a wrecking yard can get me the whole hub assembly for 17.00 would it be easier to just do that?

Reply to
Larry Dennis

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Larry Dennis) wrote in news:24517-467AE8C1-163 @storefull-3212.bay.webtv.net:

Are you replying to _my_ message? Can't really tell.

The balljoint is NOT a DIY job as far as removing it from the steering knuckle goes.

Do not use a steering knuckle from a wreck. It will have the same potential problem.

Remove your original knuckle from the car, bring it to a garage with a

20 ton press and get them to press in the new balljoint.
Reply to
Tegger