Timing Belt Replacement 99 Acura RL

I am approaching the 105,000 mile mark on my RL, can someone give me a ballpark estimate on # of shop hours and part cost to replace the timing belt? Also, should the water pump be replaced at the same time?

thanks!

Reply to
VikingLS

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Three hours labor, $300 for parts, so a total ballpark bill of about $600 for a dealer job. Plus tax.

You may get a lower labor rate from an independent.

It is an excellent idea to replace the water pump at the same time.

I would stick with OEM parts and coolant even if you have an independent garage supply the labor.

Reply to
Tegger

Since it is an Acura, I'll bet the price is double that.

Reply to
tww1491

"tww1491" wrote in news:REPoi.6942$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe18.lga:

No, should be roughly what I stated.

Acura dealer shop rates are the same as anybody else (~$100/hr).

Reply to
Tegger

If there are no Acura dealerships local to me taking it to a Hinda dealer should be the same correct?

Reply to
VikingLS

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@n2g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

That's fine. The parts will be the same as what you would get from an Acura dealer.

Reply to
Tegger

FWIW, I just had my '98 CL's T-belt replaced by my Dlr. and the P&L came to a little over $500, just as Tegger said. That included the related belts, etc. but not a waterpump.

Reply to
Sandy