2000 jetta 2.0L timing belt

My sister in law has a 2000 jetta w/ 2L 4 cylinder and is approaching 60K. Is the recommended replacement interval 60K? What else should be replaced at same time? tensioner? pulley? water pump? Also does anyone know ballpark cost on the job, she is planning on independant service, not dealer. If not cost, how about labor hours? Thanx in advance, andy

Reply to
andy

If she is the first owner and it breaks before 10yr/100,000miles then it's covered by the warranty. I have never seen one break yet, but if I had my choice I would wait until about 90 miles to do it. Figure about 3 hours labor + belt + tensioner + waterpump. The waterpump also rides on the TB.

Reply to
Woodchuck