1998 Audi A6 1.8T Door Mirror Broken-Hangin by wire - How to remove ?

My car has just had its wing mirror vandalised while parked :.-( They have applied vertical pressure which has broken the mirror at the alloy part where it pivots forwards an backwards. The mirror is hanging by the wire and I need to remove the assembly so that is does not damage the door when it is dangling. I have no assembly drawings. I would like to remove it so that I can get the spare parts. If anyone has an exploded diagram or some advice that would help I would appreciate it. Thanks Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Found this

will use it for reference.Will still have to check how to remove alloy assembly from door and try andsource a new one. Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Try e-Bay. Do search on "Audi mirror". I've been successful with replacement mirror for my S6

Tony Ottawa

Reply to
Tony Curran

75GBP from dealer, I could not get it anywhere else. Next issue is break the wires and crimp or dismantle the interior of the door to get at connector ? Parts guy said harness connects behind panel, if you have any more info it would be appreciated. My problem is lack of a manual, I will search the group see if there are any recommendations for getting access to one. Stuart
Reply to
Stuart
75GBP from dealer, I could not get it anywhere else.

Hey Stuart, email me at the address used to post, I'll try to scan a page or two for ya.

Romy

Reply to
Romy

e-mail sent, with apropriate apology for delay. Stuart

Reply to
Stuart