Realibility of Early 1990's 90 Quattro Series

I saw a 1994 90 Quattro for sale in my local AutoTrader. It has 95K miles and is listed in good condition with leather and a sunroof, all for $4,000. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on things to ask for when I call or any overall comments on the quality and reapir costs of this vehicle? I've heard fantastic things about the reliability of new Audis but 1994 isn't quite new.

Thank you to all in advance.

Reply to
Michael J. Astrauskas

A90Sport

So why keep it?

Reply to
Nige

I could be mistaken, but I believe the car was changed significantly from '94 to '95. (I think the line I'm looking at ran from '90 to '94.)

What sort of problems are you encountering? Engine? Electrical?

Reply to
Michael J. Astrauskas

That series ran from '93 to '95. I have a '95 90Q with 170,000 miles on it. I've had some minor stuff that happens with age. Stuff like a sticky Idle Stablilzer Valve, a vacuum leak, front struts and bushings, a fuel pump. Just recently I had a half shaft rebuilt and replaced the Cam Shaft Position sensor.

I wouldn't call this "unreliable", just an aging system.

Gene

Reply to
Gene