2001 A4 1.8TQ- extend or not extend warranty.

Hello

I purchased my Audi in September 2002 with 15,000 miles. I now have

46,000 miles and the warranty is about to expire. Since I drive the car at least 100 miles a day for work I am concerned about not having a warranty. Has anyone actually purchased the Audi extended warranty? Is it worth it?

I have had the following problems fixed under warranty since Sep.02:

  1. Power lock on driver's door was not controlling locks on other doors.
  2. Sunroof would sometimes not respond when knob turned to close/open.
  3. Oil pump replaced (took them 2 days)
  4. Ignition coil recall

Thanks

Reply to
Ned Hart

Ned, Heck, I dunno. If you're worried about it , then you might want to get the added security.

46k miles is getting close to when the t-belt and associated hardware need to be replaced. If the t-belt fails "early", do you want to fight the dealer/AoA on the warranty as well as the failed belt? Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ - bought just after the 10 yr. rust perf. warranty ran out 1980 Audi 5k - way out of warranty
Reply to
Steve Sears