2002 a6 4.2 Tire Recommendations

I live in the Boston area and am looking for all-season tires that can get me through winter and perform well during other seasons. Any recommendations?

Also - I currently have 255/40ZR17's. Would there be any advantage to going to a 255/45ZR17? Thanks...

Reply to
ddayaudi via CarKB.com

I've been driving Quattros for twenty years. Your 4.2 A6 is a very nice car with luxury and performance. I would not put all season tires on it. A Quattro will take you just about anywhere in snow, but the problem isn't going, it is stopping.

I suggest a good performance tire for spring - fall driving, and a good snow tire for winter driving. An inexspensive set of wheels for the snows is a good investment and will make season changing easier.

Dave RS6 with 255/35 x 19 Dunlop Sport 9000s on BBS LM wheels and 255/40 x 18 Dunlop Winter Sports on alloy wheels.

Reply to
Dave LaCourse