Noise in front end, help diagnose please

Hello all:

I have a 1993 Audi 90CS (Automatic Trans). Here is what is happing:

(1) From a stop, pull forward without holding steering wheel, the steering wheel jerks from left to right and then straight.

(2) I can FEEL something shifting around and it makes a Thud kinda noise when I accerate or slow down quickly with breaks.

(3) Turn wheel to make sharp turn (let say going around a round-a- bout), THUD noise.

The THUD noise is not like a transmission shifting gears noise, or a broken engine mount.. It is coming from the wheel wells. Bushing, loose bolt? I replaced the tie rods recently.

Thanks

Erik G.

Reply to
info

to the shop and take it slow............

Reply to
Me

Check power steering liquid, perhaps it's gone. Next you'll lose power-steering pomp - and it will be pretty expensive.

Reply to
Daniel A. Mezentsev

Sounds pretty similar to when the bushings were failing on my 90S. Had them replaced, cost ~$200 + one alignment.

Reply to
Av