2004 2.7 TS questions

Greetings All,

I just bought a new 2004 2.7ts and have just completed the 1K mile break-in period. I have never owned a Quattro or a vehicle with a turbo before.

I was wondering if I could solicit some opinions from other owners on the following:

1.) Tires - The car came with the 17" Pirelli P 6 four seasons... The tires don't really seem "ride" very well, do they require more than the 1K break-in , or is this the stiffer S suspension and quatro ? The steering wheel vibrates very slightly from side to side on rough or grooved roads.... Is this normal, the tire, or the car?? - By the way my wife's BMW doesn't exhibit this behavior on the same road...

2.) Idle - When I first start the vehicle, the idle seems a bit high and the engine has a deep growl (It almost sounds like an exhaust leak) after about two minutes it subsides. The car occasionally exhibits a bit of a rough idle (tachometer jumps every so slightly and exhaust putter is noticeable - even after warm-up.) Again this is intermitent..

- Is this "normal" or a function of having the turbo??

3.) Zenon headlights - While stopped on a dark road, the head lights appear to "bounce up and down" off of the rear of the vehicle in front of me? I have zenon's on my wife's BMW and they never bounce at stop lights.. Is this normal for the car??

4.) When I stop or accelerate rapidly the driver's seat seems "loose" , i.e., it feels like it shifts a tiny bit forward or backward.

Any thoughts would be appreciated... BY the way the dealer claims all of these are "normal" for the car....

Thanks!

Reply to
Taone Williams

You should mention you have a A6 since 2.7ts is not a model name.

All cars should come with quattro. For a turbo car, make sure you go easy before oil temperature warms up ( 225). Always use synthetic oil, Mobil1 0w40 is highly recommended. The Audi maintenance program does not use synthetic oil so you should ask your dealer to put in synthetic or bring your own.

Your car's suspension is relatively soft compare to most BMWs. Sounds like your tires are the problem. The P6 is not a great tire and a set of better tires will most likely fix your problem.

is a good source for tires.

Most car run higher RPMs during warm up. My S4 and ML500 do the same, the Audi takes about 1 minute but the ML500 only takes about 15 seconds. The rough idle doesn't sound right to me (I am assuming the idle was jumping up and down) and you should get your dealer to take a look. They most likely have to keep the car overnight so they can reproduce the problem next morning after the car has been sitting for a while.

You have self-leveling lights as do my S4. If you drive on a straight and flat road for a while, it should stop adjusting.

This is also a well known problem for the S4. Bring it back to the dealer. The whole seat assembly needs to be replaced. May be the problem is not that bad for now so your dealer is ignoring it but when it gets worse your dealer should be more than willing to do the repair.

You might want to check out

for more information.

David

Reply to
David Tong

The Audi A6 2.7TS is one of the models in the A6 line-up for 2004. When I had mine it was just the A6 2.7T :)

-- Taylor

'89 Audi 200 '03 Audi S6 Avant '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Reply to
Just Taylor