2007 Audis with FWD ?

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the A3 is the only new Audi that is available with front wheel drive. It would be really nice to be able to order an A4 or A6 Avant with FWD and a manual or DSG transmission for the sake of fuel economy.

Everyone offers AWD these days. Why is it so diffiuclt to find a reasonably efficient FWD or RWD wagon with a manual transmission in the US? Come on Audi, give us a FWD A4/A6 Avant with the 2.0T or TDI with a DSG or manual 6 speed !

Yeah sure, Audi's AWD system is superior.. yada yada. But what about those people that don't need AWD? How about giving us an option??

Reply to
Frank The Tank

Sounds odd. There are several FWD-only options here (in the UK). A4: 1.8T, 2.0, 2.0T or 3.2 petrol, 1.9, 2.0 or 2.7 TDI A6: 2.0T, 2.4 or 3.2 petrol, 2.0 or 2.7 TDI (Unless I've missed something, these are all 6 speed or multitronic except the 1.9TDI A4 which is manual only. I only bothered to look at saloons: the estate versions might be different. Info from

I don't understand why these shouldn't be offered where you are. But have you considered importing? OK, importing from the UK might not be viable, since our prices are absurd, even without having to convert to LHD. But there are other countries from which it might be viable. Germany's the obvious one, of course.

(I don't find your logic for preferring FWD convincing, but each to his own. I think that quattro rocks!)

Peter.

Reply to
Peter

The A4 2.0 T 4-cylinder can be ordered with a 200 hp, 6-speed manual transmission FrontTrack front-wheel drive.

Look at this link:

Tony

Re-read his post: you've put up a link to a US-market A4 sedan, he wants an Avant.

As far as I can tell from the Audi USA site, you can't order an Avant without quattro...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

"Frank The Tank" wrote

While having an option of FWD would be nice, I'd say everyone can beneft from AWD, even if there is not a flake of snow where you live.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

The A4 is sold in North America as FWD.

DSG is only available with tranverse engine cars like the A3 and TT. I am sure it will eventually move to the longitudinal cars like the A4,A6,A8.

DSG is not comapatible with conventional "quattro" which uses a torson differential instead of Haldex electric system.

FWD cars are fairly common in southern states.

Personally if want an Audi I want Quattro otherwise why bother.

Reply to
Mike Whiteman

"Mike Whiteman" wrote

Sedans, yes. But he wanted a wagon, which is only available with AWD in the US.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete