3.2 TT Engine "vibration"

I have a 3.2 TTC (manual) bought at 4 months old. While I can't fault the car I have a concern with a resonance or vibration through the accelerator pedal. It is only brief and occurs between 1500 and 2000 revs and while there is no audible problem with the engine it does give you the impression that the engine is rough around that area (assuming that it is the engine). It is less pronounced in higher gears.

I had it back to Audi who sent one of their technicians out for a drive in it and they told me that there was no problem however this hasn't put my mind at rest. Since I often cruise around at around 2000 revs I feel it often when I then want to pull away.

Is it my driving style making it worse.. should I be running the engine at a higher speed.

Has anyone else any experience with this car.

Reply to
Martin Smith

Only with the 1.8T - which has an *electronic* throttle. I was under the impression that the same is true of the V6.

Not that I'd be /too/ surprised if the engine protested being asked to accelerate straight from fast idle. That would tend to produce at least some drivetrain shunt.

Reply to
Hairy One Kenobi

The thought did cross my mid. The vibration is there without doubt but it could be from some other part. It is related to engine speed as its only between 1500-2000

If I'm slowly accelerating (gently going through 1500-2000 in about

4-5seconds at the engines own pace) I can feel the "blips" of vibration then its smooth apart from a "wobble" around 3000.

I have using these terms when I can't show someone :)

Reply to
Martin Smith