4 beeps ?

Hi peeps,
just started to hear 4 beeps coming from the rear of my 2k A4 but only when
i start up in the morning and engage reverse? never heard this before, had
the car for 2years now. anyone got any ideas as to what this might be?
Thanks.
Reply to
me
Hmmmmm. Is it equipped with Parktronic? If it is, there will be four sensors ( circles ) on your rear bumpe. When you engage reverse gear, there should be a "beep" letting you know the system is working. If you are near something (inside a garage) you may hear the sensor going off as you back up. My RS6 has Parktronic and beeps a couple of times until the rear has cleared the door in my garage.
I didn't think too much of the system when I first got my RS6, but this old man has become a fan of it.
Dave
Reply to
Dave LaCourse
Cheers for the reply dave, but as far as iam aware i dont have parktronic, and cant see any circles on the bumper, so iam still puzzled. %0)
Reply to
me
Is it the alarm playing up? Mine used to beep like that each time I started my A3. I got the alarm replaced under warranty.
Reply to
Chris Bartram
It means the battery is down on power. my A4 TDi did it for a while about a year ago, Audi said to get a new battery, I never bothered and it's been alright for the last year or so. My rear suspension still creaks tho.
Reply to
Chris

Site Timeline Threads