Beeps?!

Hi, my 2000 A4 1.8 T Quattro is making some beeps (4 short beeps) at engine start, not all the time but mostly first time in the morng. I don't see any warning sign on the dash nor is the passengers airbag disabled. It sounds as if it was coming from the left or even outside (can't really tell as I'm usually starting in the garage in the morning and you know how great (I mean it, not being sarcastic, it's perfect as we A4 owners all agree) the acoustic is in the A4, you can never tell which direction it's coming from, which isn't always a good thing :-) apparently...

Is it something I should worry about? Has anyone come across this, or is it something to do with the alarm system or something?

Jules

***24 hours in a day...24 beers in a case...coincidence?***
Reply to
Dr Joolz

Well, 4 beeps on a PC when booting up indicates it's broken..

Reply to
Alex Buell

I had that in an a4 cabriolet. It was the sensor for the alarm was faulty. Gee, must tell ms rawlins about this mused Harold as he gazed into the philosophers stone.

Reply to
Harold Potter