$74,000

no there about 60 degrees or something close to this

Reply to
Tha Ghee

you do realize that a V-12 is nothing more than 2 I-6s attached at a proper angle to quell vibration.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

from a 3.0 litre motor. A twin-cam, multi-valve setup would've been nice too.

maintenance and insurance costs put me off and the 968 would've been the same scenario with a higher buy-in price. I thought the WRX was a great bang for the buck but I thought the VW was more comfortable and already more than quick enough to get me in trouble. I've been pondering buying a Grand National from a local guy who's selling his, but I think it'd be a stretch and I fear the car would spend most of the time in the garage thanks to gas, insurance and registration costs.

the reason the big 3 try "not" to use OHC is because the like low slung hoods and this is hard to achieve with a OHC arrangement. the V-60 SHO 2nd gen Taurus was very fast, it had faster 30 foot times than a Mustang.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

Gen. V6 powered SHO.

GM uses these engines for their toque and good emissions. like Byron said engine engineers do crazy things. The Pilot and MDX have the same engine, so do the 3.2 Accord and T/CL. the Por. is a H-6 which was explained to me as being different because of the two extra cylinders

Reply to
Tha Ghee

smoothness?

The Lamborghini one?

I think Byron and Toby answered your first question. I would say the vast majority of V-12s if they are at a 60 degree Vee. the VR engines are 15 degrees so how can it be the same. balance shafts are different that dampeners. look at the NA BMW V-12, and the NA MB. no I wasn't you just didn't answer the question.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

why are my claims obnoxious because you disagree with them??

Reply to
Tha Ghee

Your claims are obnoxious because they usually involve lies and general fabrications. You and your points of view are rarely grounded in reality and anyone that followes your last 2 threads has seen as much.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

The torque output from the Malibu's 3.1 litre and the N/A variant of the 3.8 have never been great. But it's enough to make point to point transporation workable. But their overall power output and fuel consumption are less than ideal. A twin-cam 3.0 litre utilizing a multi-valve head and a basic variable valve timing system could've yielded the same or better power output as the N/A

3.8 and been smoother to boot, not to mention, it probably would've gotten better fuel economy. The Opel/Saab sourced 3.0 litre in the Saturn L300 is actually their best V6, IMO.

No, the North American version of the Accord runs a 3.0 litre with 240Hp. The Acura TL gets a 3.2 litre version with 270Hp, both engines have VTEC. The European/Asian Accord, sold as the TSX in North America has a 2.4 litre, i-VTEC equipped I-4 with 200Hp.

Porsche uses a "flat" or "boxer" six, but it has the same number of cyllinders as any other 6-cylinder engine. Wanna guess how many?

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Ford has been using an SOHC design on the Mustang version of their 4.6 litre V8 since the mid 1990s, if memory serves me. And they use a 32-valve, DOHC version in the Cobra and the Mercury Marauder. The Navigator also gets a DOHC, 32 valve version of the 5.4 litre Triton V8 found in the Expedition.

I assume you mean 60-foot times. And I have a feeling that a 5.0 litre Cobra fro the same era would give the SHO a good run for it's money. I wouldn't call the car "very fast" but with a 0-60 time around 6.9 seconds it was definitely quicker than most other cars of it's size, type and price at new. Keep in mind though that the SHO engine was largely designed by Yamaha, not Ford. And most of their best turbocharged work has been the result of Cosworth's hand.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

I've ridden in 2 generations of MB S600 and a 760IL. I can honestly say that the W12 powered Pheaton I rode in was just as smooth. But you'd have to have actually been in one to know what you're talking about.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Making the A8 wide enough to accomodate the Lamborghini V12 would've been excessive. Beyond that, I'm not sure what you don't understand about the production limitations of the Lambo V12. It would've required millions of dollars to re-tool for that. Don't forget, Audi had already incurred the cost of adapting manufacturing lines for the W12. They introduced the engine in 2001 in the previous A8.

It's not a VW. The A8 and Pheaton share only minimal suspension components.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

I certainly liked it in my LS2. I'd be curious, though, if the new 3.5L in the Malibu is better or not.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

No, they're not. 60 degrees is the optimal angle for balancing, but for packaging reasons (i.e. not as tall) 90 degrees is much more common, at least in American cars. The Audi/VW 2.8 V6 is 90 degrees, as are the newer Audi V6 engines. I believe the Honda 3.0 and 3.5 V6es are also 90 degrees.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

I couldn't say, but I can tell you that the 3.1 was crap. The L300's 3.0 litre motor was/is a good one, albeit, a little more power would be nice. I always thought the Catera had a pretty good engine too (another Opel design), but apparently it suffered electrical problems.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

transporation

the N/A 3.8 and been smoother to boot, not to mention, it probably would've gotten

The Acura TL gets a 3.2 litre version with 270Hp, both engines have VTEC. The

i-VTEC equipped I-4 with 200Hp.

the coupe Accord has the 3.2.

I know that, but Subie uses a H-4. they just now got H-6, and aren't using it as much as they can.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

excessive. Beyond that, I'm not sure what you don't understand about the

2001 in the previous A8.

components.

how hard can it be to produce more engines?? why not just turbo charge the W-8 and get similar horse power to a V-12.

the A-8 share engines drive train layout, and interior setup

Reply to
Tha Ghee

litre V8 since the mid 1990s, if memory serves me. And they use a 32-valve, DOHC version in the Cobra and the Mercury Marauder. The Navigator also gets a DOHC, 32 valve version of the 5.4 litre Triton V8 found in the Expedition.

most of their best turbocharged work has been the result of Cosworth's hand.

but look at the hood design of all the cars you mentioned, they have high hoods compared to other cars like the Camaro/Firebird.

the 1st gen, second series had better 60 ft time, that's pretty good for a

3500 sedan with only less than 300 HP.
Reply to
Tha Ghee

no you're incorrect, the 2.8 is 15 degree, most are V-6s are 60 degree, the only ones are GM Ford, the big 3. the 3.0 and 3.5 are 60 degree

Tha Ghee

I guess if you feel correct information is what you construe as lies, as my last two post have shown I'm correct and you're wrong.

don't be upset that you have yet to prove me wrong and you must go back to your parents basement and beat off to the fact that I always show you up, and prove you wrong, and you haven't done that ever.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

didn't answer the question.

have actually been in one to know what you're talking about.

how can you ride in two (2) generations of the 760 this is the first model of it ever, the same with the MB so now I know you are full of shit. this is the first model year of both cars so how can you have "I've ridden in 2 generations of MB S600 and a 760IL." when this is the first gen. for both.

so Steve what other bullshit are you going to tell us??

now sir you are the liar, join Olie North, liar.

Stevie is a liar, does it hurt to bend the truth.

Reply to
Tha Ghee