$74,000

Not in the US it doesn't.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

No, the *VR6* is 15 degrees. The *V6* is not. The 2.8L engine used in the VW Passat and previous-gen Audi A4 and A6 is a 90-degree *V6*, not the *VR6* used in the GTI. *Different engine*.

Um, given that they are the largest auto manufacturers in the world (not just the US - the *world*), that would mean that *most* V6es are 90-degree.

That may be, but GM and Ford make *lots* more engines than Honda worldwide.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

I meant 750/760. Prior to the new version, the 750 was BMW's 12-cylinder flagship model. So this is not their first one.

What? Again, MB has been building an S600 for several years! You're a moron.

FInd an instance where I lied. For the time being, you're still the king of fabrications.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

You're a dipshit. VW's 2.8 VR6 is 15 degrees. Audi's 2.8 V6, found in the B5 A4 and B5/B5.5 Passat are both 90 degress.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Let me break this down for you ONE LAST TIME. Whatever production line adjustements where neccesary for production of the W12 had already been made, when Audi introduced the engine in 2001. They weren't interested in re-tooling a mere 2 years later simply so a different engine could be used. The facilities that handle production of the Lambirghini engine are small, and incapable of producing enough units per year for both the A8 *and* the Murcielago. DON'T YOU GET IT?

Audi found out over many years that larger displacement motors are often more impressive to buyers than smaller, turbocharged mills which appeal mainly to tuner and enthusiast crowds. This is one of many reasons they choose a version of the 4.2 litre V8 for the S4 and not a bi-turbo version of the 3.0 litre.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

No it doesn't. Both sedan and coupe versions share the same 3.0 litre block. The NSX and TL are the only models currently produced by Honda/Acura with 3.2 litre motors. Why is it you refuse to check your facts Ghee? Try using the web once and awhile.

You don't know anything, otherwise you wouldn't have claimed that two "flat-sixes" have adifferent numbers of cylinders. Subaru has had the H6 since the 2000 Model Year, it's not brand new. And they aren't making much use of it because the 2.5 litre turbochnarged H-4 is a superior motor.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

you're being far too kind...

Reply to
daytripper

LOL, his lies are just the tip of the iceberg, we all know that. I'm not sure if he honestly didn't know that MB has been building an S600 for several years and was simply to lazy to check, or if he honestly believes that no such model ever existed before 2004. Either way it's stupid.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

of it because the 2.5 litre turbochnarged H-4 is a superior motor.

what the hell are you talking about I never said the two 6's are different I said the 4 and 6 are different start reading. you know nothing about cars the H-6 is their feature engine, the H-4 turbo has three different levels so you can't say it's superior. if they put twin turbos on the H-6 I think it'll do well, look at Por.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

if GM engines are so great way are they buying V-6s from Honda, if you add up all the 60s vs. 90 I think the 60s will number more. also GM is starting to make more 60 and I-6s so I think that the 90 is not in vogue.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

B5 A4 and B5/B5.5 Passat are both 90 degress.

he just said 2.8 so then were both correct dumazz, buy you won admission.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

oh so now you're back peddling, you look good going backwards.

in this post, do I need to show more?? if you say so, but you still haven't showed where I lied but in your mind.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

no just since 98 before then it was the 560 or something else don't try and change you're reply now, you're a liar just accept your scarlet letter of L.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

how is he too kind, cause your head is up his azz??

Reply to
Tha Ghee

if you knew anything about cars which I've shown over and over again this is the first year 2003, 2004 model year for the x600 series, since it's now a twin turbo V-12 so no they haven't been making this version for years, its the first time. so again you're a liar and a fool, one day you'll learn to use goggle or a car mag until then you'll be the fool of a.a.a., I'm sorry I had to be the one to tell you, spouting drivel and having two dumbazzes backing you up will not make you smart or know anything about cars, since I've proven over and over again you know enough to fill a thimble with room to add a grape to the mix.

Reply to
Tha Ghee

No, MB has been building the S600 and SL600 since the mid-1990s and the CL600 since the late 1990s. MB de-bored the engine and added twin-turbos for 2004 model year S and SL models but the engine is based on the previous V-12. This is similar to Audi's 2.7 litre bi-turbo V6 from the B5 S4 and A6 2.7T, which was really just a de-bored 2.8 V6 with a turbo system added on. You can slither around and make wild (FALSE) claims all you like, but I stated that I've ridden in a couple of S600s, and that's true. We know you're oblivious to reailty Ghee, you even argued that the C36 is no longer in production, even after I linked you 3 times to MB's C36 sub-site. You'd probably get along much better here if you quit lying.

Even if they were "dumbazzes" (your spelling makes the comment even more absurd) I don't need anyone's backup to make my claims true. If you'd ever bothered to visit MB's website or a local car dealer you'd have seen that the model exists, and found that it has existed for years. Of course, none of this changes the fact that your claims of MB's V12 being superior somehow to VW's W12 were blatantly untrue.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

What!? If you knew how to properly break-down BMW's model names you'd realize that a 560 would be a 5-series powered by a 6.0 litre engine. Such a model has never existed! BMW started building a V12 powered 750 in the late 1980s and carried the model out till' 2002. It's 2005 MY replacment is now called 760, idicating a 7-series powered by a 6.0 litre V12. For reference, the old 750 shared it's engine with the 850. Of course, I'm sure you'll deny that an 850 ever existed. I'm so sick of you polluting the board with lies and drivel, I'm ready to start looking for ways to have you banned from USENET.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

The ONLY I6 manufactured by GM for North America is the 4.2 litre motor in the Trailblazer/Envoy/Ascender/Rainier. Get your shit straight.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

No, HE was correct. He was making reference to Audi's 90-degree V6 and you misunderstood him, probably due to the fact that you know NOTHING.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Yes you did. You stated that 2 flat-six engines could have two different numbers of cylinders, and I corrected you. But of course, you snipped that correction.

No it isn't. The 2.5-litre, turbocharged Flat-4 is the only option in their top spec Impreza and Forester models and sits right alongside the H6 in the Legacy and Outback models. It produces as much horsepower as the H6, with a good deal more torque, a flatter powerband and makes peak power at lower RPMs. It's also priced nearly identcally to the H6 models in the Legacy and Outback lineups. The H6's only advantage is it's smoother delivery and lower noise, which may appeal to more "mature" buyers. Visiting a website now and again may help you, Ghee boy. Did I ever tell you I once knew a miniature Poodle named Ghee? Much like yourself, he was timid and afraid of confrontation. Unlike you, it had nothing to do with his seemingly endless need to fabricate stories.

Reply to
Steve Grauman