97 A4 - How to tell if I have keyless entry system

Hi!

I own a 97 A4 1.8 that I purchased recently. Anyway, I bought a keyless entry remote for it off the net and now I am trying to program it but it doesn't seem to work. Its the 3 button remote with the switchblade key and red panic button on the side.

So anyhow, I was wondering how I can check whether this thing even has a Keyless entry system or not? I know it sounds weird, but I called the dealer and they say that they cant tell me by checking the serial #etc.... so what to do!?

is there a way to check if your car has teh keyless entry system?!

Reply to
Ash Mann

plug a VAG-COM into it?

Reply to
daytripper

It wasn't available when I bought mine new in '97! I had an after market gizmo fitted.... Peter in Oz

Reply to
Bear

My '97 A3 has the keyless entry system. Apparently (although I haven't checked) there is some kind of box under the drivers set that controls the system. Maybe you should look under there and see what you find.

Reply to
Graham