Camry 97 XLE keyless entry help

Hi, i have a 97 Camry XLE. It has a factory installed keyless entry system. When i purchased the car, it came without the keyless entry remotes, i guess they got lost or something.

I know i can buy them on ebay, the only problem i have is that i'm not

100% sure which key should i buy. From the research i've done, i'm pretty sure i need a remote with FCC code GQ43VT7T. is that correct?

Another problem i have, is that i have never found any directions on how to install a new remote into the system. Everything i find online does't really make sence, or is just some bullshit. And the dealship, they want $42 for the installation. Plus, i think if i'll go to them, i'll have to buy the new remote from them too, which will cost me $152 (i checked).

Thanks a lot, so if you know anything that could help me, please post.

Reply to
Bogeyman

Here's the programming info:

I am not really sure how you would figure out which FCC ID you need though, I can tell you that I have a 97 LE and the FCC ID is ELVAT6B.

Reply to
Knives

I have the same car and the same problem. From the manual here is the info you need for your remote:

FCC ID: GQ43VT7T ISC: 1470 K1361

Hope this helps.

Reply to
kia44

I bought a remote and a key for myself and my wife, and they gave me a battery and I spent less thn 60 bucks and the dealer parts guys gave me a copy of the programming instructions with the purchase. This for a 97 LE which should be the same stuff.

There's no reason a remote needs to be such a huge deal when the instructions go step by step, and are simple as directions for changing a light bulb in a table lamp.

if you get a remote use the directions posted for tacomaterritory.com they are very very close to the same if not exact.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

I just bought a remote on eBay. It should come with some instruction and if everything works, i will let you guys know. I know, there might be some difference between 97 and 00, but we can try

Reply to
skewe

I just recently traded up from a 97 to a 2000, the remotes work fine, I just can;t figure out how to make the horn beep when arm/disarm.

The remotes I kept from the 97 vehicle, cause I knew the guys at the dealership..............they were OK with it.