keyless entry for 97 f250 not in manual`

I have a 97 PSD F250. In trying to get the dash out in order to get to the defroster vents, BTW does the dash come out as a one piece unit?
Anyway I found a module that is the keyless entry receiver. Now the manual has no reference to a keyless system for this truck. I am sure it is not an after sale dealer installed item because of the wiring and brackets that are in place. Ford Part # F3UF-15K602-AC stamped on the unit as well as F series 97-07-16. Any advice on the remote I will need and is this a burglar system as well? Also how to program the remote? Merry Christmas and Happy New Year thanks dave
I might take the part number and a photo of the part (if you have a digital) to the dealership. Ask the parts guy to look up the number for you and provided it is what you hope it is, he should be able to order remotes for you.
Just out of curiosity, why are you trying to access the defroster vents? Lose something or sneaking it back across the border ? ;)
Kate
|I have a 97 PSD F250. In trying to get the dash out in order to get to | the defroster vents, BTW does the dash come out as a one piece unit? | Anyway I found a module that is the keyless entry receiver. Now the | manual has no reference to a keyless system for this truck. I am sure | it is not an after sale dealer installed item because of the wiring | and brackets that are in place. Ford Part # F3UF-15K602-AC stamped on | the unit as well as F series 97-07-16. Any advice on the remote I will | need and is this a burglar system as well? Also how to program the | remote? | Merry Christmas and Happy New Year | thanks | dave
Thanks for responding, as to the defroster vents, how did you know we were across the border? I have heard that you can pack the vents with at least 4 Kilos. Any truth to that rumor? Just joking, serously I lost something Christmas eve night and now belive it made its way to the defroster vent on the drivers side. On my old 86 it was easy to get the vents, even though I never had to. Being this is a used truck, owned by someone else at one time, I thought I would go ahead and clean out the vents. If I can get to them.
dave
On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:34:57 GMT, "SVTKate"

No telling who might be hiding in there.......
Well I finally found it in the manual, but it does not say how to program the remotes, BTW it is listed under "remote entry" not "keyless entry". In talking to my dealer service writer, he says it uses the OBDII code reader to do the programing and they charge $98.00 to do that. How do you do it with the code reader or where can I find this info. thanks
dave

This may not be helpful, but, on my '99, you sit in the truck with the doors shut, cycle the ignition on and back off 5 times without starting the truck. After the fifth time, the door locks automatically lock, then you hit the unlock button on the remote you want to add in, then the lock button, then do the next remote, until you have them all.
I don't know if yours will do that or not.
Spdloader

Thanks Spdloader, I tried what you suggested, no luck. I even picked up another remote entry module and tried it to see if it was defective, but it made no differnce. I seem to believe what the dealer said is true, that you need the code reader to do something to the module for programing. Any Ford mech know anything about what I am talking about?
thanks dave
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 02:20:45 GMT, "Spdloader"

Sorry dude, I tried.
Spdloader

Site Timeline