98 A6 radio in 96 A4?

Anybody know if a stock radio/cassette from a 1998 A6 will fit a 1996 A4? There's one on Ebay right now, and it *looks* like the identical unit, but I haven't heard from the seller yet and the auction's closing tomorrow.

Thanks in advance...

Alan Brooks

Reply to
Alan Brooks

snip,

I haven't heard from the seller yet ....................

a very good reason NOT to buy.

Reply to
Juan Hunglow

Generally I *strongly* agree with that, but in this case I think the seller is a shop which seems pretty well established, and I suspect they just don't tend their e-mail over the weekend.

Anyway, it's small enough change that I'm willing to chance it for the radio, if it's the right one.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Brooks