Will '96 Audi A6 A/C condensor fit in a '93 Audi 90-S?

Hi My '93 Audi 90 has a hole in the A/C condenser, and I have a chance of buying one cheap from a '96 Audi A6 over the internet. I was wondering if anyone knew if it would fit. Also if the brake reservoir and the Cruise Control Module would fit. Or if anyone has parts that would fit let me know. Thanks.

Reply to
Ardo

I would also like to know where to find information / cross reference about compatible equipment for different makes-models-years. Does anyone know of any on-line sources?

Sherry

Reply to
Sherry Hamilton

Ardo and Sherry, For straight cross-reference, look at

(which uses the Hollander Interchange) and search for the part for your car, and if the A6 condenser comes up, Bob's your uncle. Check out
to find universal condensers, and also a repair kit for the condenser (made by Air Repair) It is possible that you could make the Condenser fit if it's not a direct interchange, but it might take a bit of metal fab and custom AC hose fab to connect it in. The brake reservoir _might_ work if it looks the same as yours, the cruise is an iffy one - you'd probably be better getting one from a 90 from a wreckers - they seldom go bad (it's usually broken vacuum lines or the pedal sensors that get all gunky) Of course, for the adventurous, there's always the parts catalog at catalog.exist.ru - you either have to be good at reading Russian, or lucky as you just blindly follow the links (the actual part sheets are in english) - you can match part numbers from there. Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ - mit urS4 rear brakes, faux-V8 rear light bar, NA 5k Eurolights and '85 vinyl headliner soon to be installed 1980 Audi 5k - mit '81 5kt chin spoiler 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes - pretty much bone stock (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears