96 SUNROOF

Hello all, I was the proud new of owner of a 96XJ, as of yesterday, against the hubby's wishes. This morning I get in the car and attempt to open the sunroof, and it gets jammed up. I will not close it only moves about 3-4 inches. Only one day!!! I attempted to manually override and it will not move, do the come off track? Or is there something that can get stuff in the track? I am now stuck with the sunroof open and we don't live in Arizona, rain is coming sooner or later. Help please!!

Reply to
JERSEYJOA

Oh you naughty girl! What else does hubby want you to stay away from?

There are tracks and small mechanisms that can malfunction. Unfortunately you must find someone who is familiar with the sunroofs (most Jag guys) and they'll be able to offer up a fix. Don't be discouraged, it'll be a great starter Jag. Your new VDP will be waiting for you next year.

Reply to
Jon A