99 A4 T - Break Noise

Just purchased a 2nd hand 99 A4T and on the way home developed a ratle / clunk type noise from the driver side front wheel

Not always there, but its gotta be the breaks. Its a revolving type rattle that as soon as I touch the breaks a little will go away. Even if I continue driving and put my foot on the break just a little at the same time it goes away.

Had it serviced during the week at Audi and they said they could not duplicate the noise!! Obviously didn't try because I took the desk service rep for a drive and he could hear it. He then took a mechanic for a quick drive and said they would look at it when I bought it back in (for new oil pump, belts, etc etc - I'm thinking not).

But back to the noise - can be very audible, rotational, clunk clunk clunk type rattle. Any clues before I take it to a local mechanic?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Bucky