A4 TDI steering noise

My friend has the above car (2.5 TDI 2004) and is suffering severe noise sometimes when turning the steering wheel. The noise is so bad it vibrates the whole car.

It has been back to the dealer twice so far and has had a new pump and a new pipe of some sort but with no real change.

It seems to be ok when cold but gets starts when the car has been driven for

10 or 15 mins and mainly when stopped.

Anyone heard of this before and any idea on the solution.

Reply to
Tony Stanley

Return to the dealer but this time make sure that the car has been driven sufficiently for the problem to be obvious. Then insist that the mechanic come with you as you demonstrate the problem while the car is still exhibiting it. This has worked for me when problmens with my A4 only were evident after a long warmup.

Reply to
Ian S
Reply to
David Marchant