A6 1.9 TD 130 bhp

I am thinking of buying this model (UK) I would be obliged if anyone has any thoughts on engine size torque etc. I do not want a racing car but I also do not want a tractor also fancy automatic variant. TIA David

Reply to
DB

I don't know where you heard this, but it's false. The TDI engine is far quieter than the old pre-chamber technology. And peppier by far. We don't get the 1.9 in any Audi's over here, (US) but they run excellent in the VW products. 50Mpg+, 100Mph+ in the Golf/Jetta.

Reply to
JPF

occasionally

From what I've heard the 5-cylinder 2.5TDI 140bhp A6 will match those economy figures, or at worse be 3-4mpg under. And being a larger engine and having an extra cylinder, I'd bet it would be better on a higher speed run that the 4-pot PD130 engine. And the 2.5TDI 5-pot is a lovely quiet engine, and remarkably refined, though I've never driven the PD130 to compare it to. And the A6s with the older 5-pot engines are much cheaper than the later PD130s.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

In article , AstraVanMan writes

Given that the A3 is now available with a new 2.0 138bhp diesel, I'd have thought it reasonable that this engine would be offered across the range in the near future. If buying new, then maybe waiting a bit would be a good idea?

Reply to
Toby Groves

occasionally

I have driven both the 130 TDI and the 2.5 (180 bhp) TDI as loaners for a couple of days each. I was impressed with the former but not the latter - I drove the 2.5 TDI first.

If it were my money, I would go for the 130 TDI - slightly less performance but more frugal.

-- Doug Ramage

Reply to
Doug Ramage