A6 2.8 Quattro, no heat

After not getting any heat and having no control over where the air was coming out of I got control of the air flaps by taking the controller out
and wiggling the connections. (Probably not a good sign but at least they are still working), but STILL NO HEAT. What and how do I check next. If this still points to the controller is there a way I can manually open the heat valve till spring. A used controller from Shokan is $325.00. Any other sources you can think of?. Thanks
Roger

Do what a friend of mine did, go to a breakers yard & ask them to try the control unit in his car & if it works you will buy it, never buy one of ebay, they do go faulty, this is an item you will need to see working,
Steve.