Air con stinks Audi A4

Hi Guys,

I have an A4, 2004 model everytime I start the car and turn the air con on it stinks, any ideas what it could be or to resolve the prob???

Rgds

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Audi line dealer service departments have a spray that "de-funky-fies" the A/C duct-work. The spray can has a long hollow wand so they can reach deep into the ducts via the vents and hose them down.

After that, whenever you use the A/C, a few minutes before you park the car turn off the compressor (ie: press the Economy button), make sure you're pulling fresh air into the car (ie: Recirc button *not* pressed) and turn the fans up full blast.

That will dry out the expansion coils, helping to avoid creating a bacteria-friendly environment in the coil.

And don't smoke in the car!

Cheers

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

simple, just change the filter.......

Reply to
Yes Baby

Just been changed a few months back, I will give day trippers response a bash.

Rgds

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Try this product by Wurth:

No Spam Please

Try this product by Wurth:

No Spam Please

"Yes Baby" wrote

Umm... no. It is not that simple. The fungus grows elsewhere, so replacing just the filter won't make the smell go away. daytripper gave good advice.

Cheers, Pete

Reply to
Pete