Audi A4 2.0 TDI

Hello,

has anybody this car and can tell me something about the oil consumption. I heard it could be up to 1l per 1000km. Is it true?

Thanks! Ralf

Reply to
Ralf Sauermann

No. The Instruction Manual says that "up to 1ltr / 1000kms" is acceptable normal consumption. Mine used .5 ltr in the first 6,000 miles, and I know of a VW Passat with essentially the same engine that did likewise.

Normal for a new diesel I'm told.

There are known issues with faulty low oil level sensors so its worth checking the dip-stick before just throwing oil in. Mine plays up - intermittently.

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Buckley

Some people have reported very high oil consumption on the PD engines during the first few thousand miles. It may be related to the engine being driven TOO gently during the running in period.

I didn't baby our engine but was careful not to thrash it from cold. It has used approx 1 litre in 5,000 miles. Ours is a 130bhp 1.9 PD

Dave

Reply to
Dave

It may be, but I thrashed mine (once warm) whereas the Passat was driven very gently! Both used the same. Your consumption seems to have been even higher though.

Reply to
Mike Buckley

todd ullum todd ullum todd ullum todd ullum todd ullum todd ullum todd ullum todd ullum todd ullum todd ullum todd ullum todd ullum

Reply to
Todd Ullum

Still not that high and it seems to have settled down now (typical as I bought a 4L can of Castrol SLX!)

I've heard of some using a full litre every thousand miles

Reply to
Dave

Hallo Ralf,

also ich fahre den 2.0 TDI über Kurz und Langstrecken, aber einen aussergewöhnlichen Ölverbrauch kann ich überhaupt nicht feststellen. Mein Ölstand ist konstant. Auch sonst kann ich nur den Daumen hoch machen für das Auto, fährt sich sehr angenehm

Am 15.06.2005 um 10:16 wurde geantwortet auf: "Ralf Sauermann" schrieb:

Reply to
boris.mengler

"dave217" wrote: >  >> I didn't baby our engine but was careful not to > thrash it from cold. It > > has >  >> used approx 1 litre in 5,000 miles. Ours is a 130bhp > 1.9 PD >  >>

I have had 5 diesel VW?s and almost all of them have used oil for the first 50k miles more or less. My current VW is a Touran with a 2 litre PD Diesel TDI engine. This one is using more oil than any other VW diesel I have owned previously. Probably about 2 litres of oil every 10k miles at the moment. I?m approaching 20k miles so far and do relatively high mileages per annum. So I will keep you posted as to if it improves..........which I hope it will!!!

Richard

Reply to
dower56uk