Audi All Road reliability

I'm looking for a vehicle to replace my 99 S Class Mercedes. But I want more capabilities, including 4 wheel drive to go to snow country, comfort for 4-5 adults to tour real estate for my business, and room to put the dog in the back along with some luggage on weekends out of the area.

I've come down to the Audi All Road, the Cadillac SRX, the Mercedes E500 all motion, and a few of the traditional SUVs, such as the BMW X5, or the Lexus RX330.

I think the interior refinement of all the Audis is superior to Mercedes, and as nice as Cadillac. What worries me is the reliability of the Audi all road. One of my partners has an A-8, and while it is a great car, it seems to be in the shop an awful lot.

I can't afford the down time, even if it is under warranty.

So, if you own one, how reliable has it been over what distance and years of ownership?

I also am told that they are replacing the Audi All Road with something new in 05. Any truth to the rumor, and if so, is Audi discounting the All Road anywhere you know about?

Thanks for any information.

Reply to
LIW

The estate / station wagon version of the new A6 is due out 2005 and the allroad should be 2006, but the are touting the ne Q7 concept car for 2007/8

Reply to
liam

Check the Touareg (V8 or V10).

Reply to