New SRX - do you think it is...

Hi, I'm going to buy an SUV, however I still can't decide whether to buy full-size SUV or go for something smaller like for example the new Cadillac SRX! Does anybody have a SRX, have you seen the new SRX on the street/in dealership? What do you think of it? The vehicle has a good press! Mercedes has something similar, right?

I don't know what other SUVs are in the class? Infininty Fx35/45, Volkswagen Touareg? Which one would you buy? Mercedes? ;)

As you can see I have more questions than answers! :(

At last but not least, what's your opinion about Cadillac? I'm from Europe and I don't know what to think about it... I know that Accura is a good brand! THANKS a lot for any opinions!!! Peter

Reply to
Peter_m_04

Where are you now? USA?

Answers also depend on your location. I doubt you'd be happy with a Cadillac in most of Europe -- where would you service it?

Acura = Honda in most of Europe, i.e. the brand name does not exist. Honda cars are generally pretty good.

But why do you want an SUV? Real offroading? Then Mercedes or Range Rover.

Why not buy a suitably sized saloon/sedan?

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

I saw it here in Pennsylvania...you've gotta be kiddin' me. It's a station wagon on steroids. Almost $60 grand fully loaded. In 3 years it will be worth $18,000 if that. I suspect they'll sell for 6 to 12 months as ANYTHING new sells for a while to the "gee whiz" group who wants something new. Longer term, all I can say is "you've gotta be kiddin' me".

Reply to
B. Newman

Yes, I'm in USA. I'm looking for something smaller than SUV but bigger than sedan, and I'm not interested in real offroading. What do you think about Cadillac as a brand? What's opinion about this brand in USA? Do you think that imported cars have better reputation?

Peter

Reply to
Peter_m_04

OK. :) So what would you recommend and why? Something between SUV and sedan. What's your opinion about Cadillac?

Peter

Reply to
Peter_m_04

Also consider the Pacifica

The fx 45 is a nice vehicle

The rx does not sound like the right car for you

the toureg is very nice but maybe actually overbuilt for street use only.

The srx and the Pacifica are larger vehicles and will rider better on the road.

good luck!!!!!

Reply to
BS

For top reliability you'll probably want Toyota or Honda, but for driving fun and a nice, non-bland design you'd want something else.

Walk round a few showrooms.

Choice is huge.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

Bernard, thank you!

Piotr

[...]
Reply to
Peter_m_04

Reply to
Scott Lumsden

I totally do NOT get it. It's a 1982 Cutlass Cruiser station wagon on steroids. Not a luxury vehicle that people will aspire to.

Reply to
D.D. Palmer