AUDI CONCERT2 Light Display

Just put in a Concert2 CD player for my A6,put all the plugs in the back,but no light display when i turn the lights on.Which colour wire supplies the light display,and where should it go in the new head unit.It all worked ok with my old Concert tape player.Help if possible please. rgds

Reply to
sjfedex

What age is your A6? The Concert2 expects a number of its signals via the CAN Bus, including lights on, ignition on. There is no separate connection for the lighting signal.

The A6, prior to 2002 MY would not have all the necessary signals on CAN Bus - the only option would be to fit a CAN Bus simulator (often found for sale on Ebay).

Reply to
Peter Bell

Thx Peter, Yes my car is a 2001 A6 Avant,therefore i will need the CAN Bus simulator,Apart from ebay ,where else can these be purchased (I live in UK).Also,are they easy to fit?? rgds

Reply to
sjfedex