Clutch Troubleshooting '98 A4 V6 Quattro

Last night I encountered trouble with the clutch / transmission on my '98 A4 V6 w/ 90K miles. Symptoms are vibration in clutch pedal, very difficult to find 1st / 2nd / reverse gears, clutch does not engage / disengage at a consistent point of the pedal travel. Sound familar to anyone ? Any ideas ?

Reply to
smiley

"smiley" wrote

A worn-out clutch thrust bearing would give these symptoms, especially vibration if the 'fork' that holds the thrust bearing travels far enough to touch the rotating parts of the clutch.

Usually worthwhile to change complete clutch-assembly when disassembling anyway.

Regards Rune

Reply to
Rune Skigelstrand