HELP

I have a 1999 A6 . The drain tray vents under the A/c cooler/air handler clogged. The overflow went into the right front seat of the car , seeped into the insulation and then into the computer under the right front seat . The computer was "cooked" or shall I say drowned. This computer handles the transmission. There are drains leading down from the sun roof and the grill just in front of the windshield that empty into this tray as well. Allot of water backed up into the floor under the front seat. One very good downpour and two trips through the car wash and I was done.

The part is 1600.00 dollars plus more some assorted electrical parts also found under the front seat .Plus 6 hours of labor. They are also not sure that the transmission has not been damaged until the part( Computer) is temporarily installed and the transmissions operation verified. If the transmission is also cooked as well I am quite finished.

Any one with any helpful thoughts suggestions or ideas pls contact on or off this list.

I loved this car.

Reply to
Allan Schneider