HOW2 replace timing belt on Turbo 200 ?

Any gotchas ?

Thank you. Courtney

Reply to
Courtney Thomas

Pretty straightforward. Get the Audi special tools. Especially the tool to lock the harmonic balancer, as well as the can sprocket. Just make sure all the timing marks are lined up to TDC. I was surprised it was as easy as it was. There are numerous articles written on the procedure available on the web.

Good Luck, Steve

Reply to
~ Elektraman ~

Iit would be wise to change the crankshaft and camshaft seals. My mechanic felt he had to remove the front bumper for better access.

Reply to
Saintor