Ignition Switch Light - 99 A6

I really wish that the ignition key receiver was lighted - particularly with the nice red LED glow that everything else in my '99 A6 has. Has anyone rigged up or seen something to do this.

Thanks...

...Mike

Reply to
...Mike

Since the interior light is on when you board the car there's no point in having it lighted; you won't need to find it while driving. That's what Audi must have thought and it makes sense.

Ronald

Reply to
reply

au contraire....on a TT, the key slot is in a "black hole" where the interior lights don't reach. I always have to lean way around the wheel to find the slot in the dark. Piss Poor Planning. Even my dodge Dakota has an illuminated key receptacle.

Reply to
curmudgeon

Since you have to "lean way around the wheel to find the slot", then no matter what light there is, you still need to see the hole to put the key in it. I wonder how your wife feels about that!!.

Reply to
Tony